Wednesday 18 January 2012

Vatican II and the decline of our Church

     I was just reading Pat Buchanan's "Suicide of a Superpower" and he claims that many of our current problems may well be traced back to Vatican II. This is a very new notion to me, but the more I read about it, the more I am convinced.
     It seems most probable that modernizing the liturgy, conducting mass in vernacular languages, discarding old traditions and engaging the world may well have done a lot of the damage. I personally never liked using English because I was an altar boy for many years, and I got very used to the beauty and timelessness of Latin.
     If the Council of Pope John XXIII was the object of a succesful attack by Modernist leaders, it was very successful indeed. The Church is chock full of so-called Catholics who do not beleive in the sanctity of traditional marriage and have little problem with abortion. Just look at Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden for example. There are also many Catholics who do not believe in the real presence of Christ. What is more worrying is that many of these people are now teaching in our Catholic schools!
     I have the greatest respect and admiration for Pope John XXIII; however, I do agree that once we opened the doors to the liberal thinkers, the Church would never be the same. And it continues to lose its grip on tradition, especially in Europe, where Catholics hate to be told anything.
     I personally will remain a traditionalist until the day I die. I am not here to judge others, but I do believe in good example and speaking your mind. Thank God we have writers like Michael Coren around, and superlative Cardinals like Cardinal Collins of Toronto to lead us in the traditional direction, the direction of Christ, and Peter.

No comments:

Post a Comment